Game Plans bring clear direction, expectations, and consequent result follow-up in the strategy.
The Game Plan set-up is generally about:
- Setting a clear direction for your unit/department/team.
- That each employee takes responsibility for the goals he/she wants/needs to deliver.
- That you and your team stay focused on creating results.
- That you and your same-level colleagues are aligned on expectations and cross dependencies.
- That you as a team very frequently follow up on achieved Results and (re)-align what is needed to achieve goals.
Whether you use Game Plans or not, the above is very important to succeed as a team (and as a leader).
The Game Plans set-up thus consists of tools and processes that support “Execution Leadership”, which is very important to ensure that you meet the company’s ambitions.