A handshake normally means "we have an agreement". When getting handshake on “my contribution” in your Game Plan we call it a promise meaning "I will do whatever it takes".
For the Game Plans owner (employee) the handshake means:
- I will have focus on what we have agreed.
- I will do all I can to deliver.
- I will take responsibility to act if in RED.
- If new things must be prioritized, I will suggest how to handle.
For the Manager the handshake means:
- I will let you do (decide) the” HOW” if you give me the” WHAT”.
- I will support you all the way incl. escalations you ask me to do (if I agree).
- I expect you to be proactive on status if corrective actions are needed.
- I accept that major new elements implies that existing GP must be reprioritized.