To define sharp objectives in your Game Plan, we recommend the following to be considered and done:
Ask the question: What are the 4-6 most important objectives you want to achieve for the actual year?
- Use verbs like: Build, improve, ensure, accelerate, increase, etc.
- Don't use words vague verbs (e.g. "examine", "start", “assess").
- Do not use any numbers here.
- Remember to include both strategic and operational objectives for the year. It should cover 90-95% of your/your unit’s responsibility/role
- Consider elements around financials, markets, people, products, and processes.
Link each of your objectives to your managers Game Plan (objectives and/or CFR’s)