1. Select Strategies from the Main Menu and select the Active/Draft strategy where you want to create the new KPI:
2. Click the Option Button (three dots) belonging to the CSF, Pillar, or other strategic entity and select New KPI:
3. The New KPI form will open.
4. Enter the Name of your KPI, If needed, add a description.
5. Select a Date range for your KPI (start and end dates).
6. Click the Standard tab. By default, the system will set Open-ended (allowing to set the Actual progress higher/below than your defined target); and shows Progress in Percentage (the progress will be measured only in percentage).
7. Change the progress percentage unit by clicking the purple dot. (Do this if you do not want your KPI measured in percentage). Write in the new Unit field, the unit of measure you wish. e.g., Facebook Posts, amount of money USD, EUR, etc.
8. Sub-KPI progress summation: applies to a scenario where sub-KPIs are rolled up into a parent KPI.
- Average (default): Parent KPI progress is measured as the average of all its associated Sub- KPIs (e.g., average performance across all Regions).
- Sum: Parent KPI progress is measured as the sum of all its associated Sub-KPIs (e.g., progress of a Corporate Sales goal is measured as the total sales in all Regional Offices.)
9. Deselect the Open-ended option: this refers to Progress in Percentage which disappears with the Baseline option. So, this case is better to use when the KPI is tracked only by its evolution between the time range.
9. Set the Date range (start and end date).
10. Choose a Deviation, the threshold for alerts and nudging. The default positive and negative deviation limits are set to 20.
11. Choose a Weight, where 2 means the initiative is twice the weight as default (which is 1).
12. The system fills the Strategic Entity field for you.
13. Optional: Choose an Org Unit.
14. Choose an Accountable User. This is the person responsible for accomplishing the initiative.
15. Choose a Sponsor User. It is the person with the main responsibility for the initiative.
16. Save the new Standard KPI.