1. Select Strategies from the Main Menu; then choose the strategy to add the Standard KPI to:
2. Choose a strategy level: Pillar or CSF:
3. Click the Option icon (three vertical dots) for the KPI and select New KPI:
4. Give your new KPI a descriptive Name. Add a more detailed Description (optional).
5. Select a Date range for your KPI (start and end dates).
6. Click the Standard tab. By default, the system will set Open-ended (allowing to set the Actual progress higher/below than your defined target); and shows Progress in Percentage (the progress will be measured only in percentage).
7. Change the progress percentage unit by clicking the blue dot. (Do this if you do not want your KPI measured in percentage). Write in the new Unit field, the unit of measure you wish. e.g., Facebook Posts, amount of money USD, EUR, etc.
8. The system defaults to 20 limit points negative and positive deviation from the goal.
9. Sub-KPI progress summation: applies to a scenario where sub-KPIs are rolled up into a parent KPI.
- Average (default): Parent KPI progress is measured as the average of all its associated Sub- KPIs (e.g., average performance across all Regions).
- Sum: Parent KPI progress is measured as the sum of all its associated Sub-KPIs (e.g., progress of a Corporate Sales goal is measured as the total sales in all Regional Offices.)
10. Deselect the Open-ended option: this refers to Progress in Percentage which disappears with the Baseline option. So, this case is better to use when the KPI is tracked only by its evolution between the time range.
11. Select where your KPI will be attached to in the Strategy, Strategic Entity.
12. Select the responsible Org Unit.
14. Click Save to finish.