How to get started:
1. Go to www.decideact.net and click My DecideAct in the upper right corner:
2. Log in with the information you received from DecideAct via email.
3. You can also log in directly here: secure.decideact.net
4. Welcome to your new powerful strategy execution platform!
The next step is to create your main organization units. If you have sub-units in your organization, you can also create them:
1. Select Organization in the menu. Your parent organization appears automatically:
2. Click the option button on the right (three dots):
3. Select New Orgunit. The New Orgunit form will open.
4. Enter the name of your main organization unit (e.g., Marketing).
5. Save the new Orgunit.
6. Continue in the same way to add more main organization units (e.g., Sales, Finance, Customer Service).
To add a sub-org unit under one of your main org units (e.g., Social Media under Marketing):
1. To the right of the main org unit that you want to create a sub-org unit for, click the option button (three dots):
2. Select New Orgunit. The New Orgunit form will open.
3. Enter the name of your suborganization unit (e.g., Social Media).
4. Save the new sub-org unit.
You can add workgroups in the same manner. Just click the option button (three dots) next to the org unit or sub-org unit you want to create the workgroup for.
Next, add users to the system.
1. Select Settings from the menu and click Users:
2. The User Management page will open
3. Click the “+” icon at the top of the screen. The New User form opens
4. Fill out the required fields
5. First name is required
6. Last name is required
7. Title is optional
8. E-mail is required
IMPORTANT: Use only legitimate email addresses that can be replied to. Also, two users cannot be created with the same email address.
9. Phone is optional
10. Time zone is optional
11. Account user role is required. Your choice defines the permissions given to this user. Find further descriptions of the different permissions here.
IMPORTANT: After saving a new user’s details, they will automatically receive an email with system login instructions. If you prefer not to grant that person system access, but still need them to work in the system, set the user as Resource. This means passive user, and the person will not receive the email with login instructions until you change their user role.
12. Save the new user
Next, create your strategy (or strategies, if applicable).
1. Select Strategies from the menu:
2. Click the “+” icon at the top of the screen. The New Strategy form opens.
3. Enter the name of your strategy:
4. If you select Private strategy, no one else will be able to view it.
5. Select which Organization or Org unit you want to connect your strategy to.
6. Select which Strategic Framework you want to use (i.e., Balanced Score Card, OKR, or Pillars & Critical Success Factors).
7. Select Date range for your strategy (start and end date).
8. Choose a Default update frequency for automated follow-ups. For example, if you choose Update every 2 week(s), an automated follow-up email will be sent to the person responsible if they have updated nothing during this timeframe. It is an excellent tool to ensure that strategies are not forgotten.
9. Use the Additional information field to enter a description of your strategy, if needed.
10. Save your new strategy by clicking Create Strategy.
Now, create your strategic hierarchy. It is an essential component of a strategy. The terminology, possible structure and naming of the strategic hierarchy is dependent of the selected strategic framework that is governing the strategy (e.g., Objectives and Key Results or Pillars and CSF). We use the word strategic entity as a generic terminology used regardless of your choice of strategic framework.
1. Create new Pillars
2. Create Critical Success Factors
3. Add your strategic initiatives
4. You have now created your strategic hierarchy.
Congratulations on your new DecideAct platform!