With clear focus, you can think outside the box, making radical yet thoughtful decisions and quickly making necessary changes. Consistent follow-up on explicitly stated priorities ensures the strategy is on track—and that essential daily tasks don’t get in the way.
Why is focus important?
Following up on clear priorities through regular reviews ensures the strategy execution stays on track - and that essential daily tasks don’t impede your strategy’s progress.
As a review tool, SEM ensures that:
- reviews resonate throughout the organization and reinforce the importance of executing the strategy
- the right messages cascade down through the organization, from Board to Front Line
- the right actions are being taken that are critical for executing the strategy
- strategy execution stays on the leader’s radar—not only once in a while or when remembered, but CONSTANTLY
- necessary adjustments are made through the strategy execution journey
- team members are held accountable for their performance
Why is clarity important?
What gets measured gets done! That is a simple truth that we all are familiar with. Therefore, careful selection of measures (as well as consistency and transparency in measuring and communicating progress) becomes a cornerstone of successful Strategy Execution Management.
SEM solutions promote focus by ensuring that:
- the measures drive the right actions, which in turn drive the required change
- data visualization of the measures leverages performance
- measures are used regularly to review and communicate performance
- team members receive recognition and rewards for their improvements of measures
- the selected measures assist in managing the business