How does SEM increase agility?
Change requires movement. When we move in an uncertain environment, we will make mistakes. The key to success is to fail fast and learn fast, which depends on how leaders respond to change. You can turn failures into learning opportunities, create a positive reinforcement cycle, and deal with competition with increased flexibility and speed. As a real-time monitoring tool, SEM answers the following key questions relating to corrective measures:
- What mistakes have been made? What are the learning opportunities?
- How can we share the lessons learned throughout the organization?
- What are the successful actions and behavior we should keep doing?
- What changes have been made to the strategy and what are the implications across the organization?
How does SEM increase speed?
Strategy in the digital world needs to happen fast, but it also needs to incorporate the whole business model. Keeping track of how to transform, in what sequence, and at what time is absolutely essential.SEM increases speed by answering the following in real-time:
- What has the organization done in the last 30, 60 or 90 days to execute the strategy?
- Are the right resources in place?
- Are team members taking the right actions to deliver the strategic objectives the organization is currently focused on?
- What are the strategic successes at any given time?
- Are the assumptions behind the strategy still relevant, or do we need to update them to maintain speed?
Decisiveness is crucial to success - but so is the courage to cut your losses. By encouraging your team to learn from any missteps along the way (and refusing to give in to frustration), you‘ll create a culture of positive reinforcement.