1. Select Strategies from the Main Menu and select the strategy where you want to create the new KPI:
2. Click the Option Button (three dots) for the Pillar or Critical Succes Factor you want to connect a new KPI to.
3. Select New KPI:
4. Enter the required information, beginning with the name of the KPI.
5. The system fills the Attach to and Strategic Entity fields for you.
6. Choose a responsible organizational unit.
7. Set the date range (start and end date).
8. By default, the system set the KPI as open ended allowing you to set the Actual progress higher than your defined target. An Open ended KPI is relevant e.g. in financial targets. Here, your defined target could be 10 mio. But you might have an Actual progress of 10,5 mio. That of course is absolutely fine.
9. By default, the system also set the KPI as Progress is in percent. By clicking the blue dot, you enable the new field unit. Write the measurement you wish, e.g. Facebook posts.
10. Set your target
11. Set your baseline
12. Choose a Deviation, the threshold for alerts and nudging. The default positive and negative deviation limits are set to 20.
13. Choose an Update Frequency. The system default is 2 weeks, which means every second week.
14. Choose an Accountable. This is the person responsible for accomplishing the initiative.
15. Choose a Sponsor. It is the person with the main responsibility for the initiative.
16. Optional: Enter a description of your KPI in the Additional Information field.
17. Save the new KPI.